The Caring House is a non-profit, non-denominational, pro-life ministry that has served Spalding County and the surrounding areas since 1985.
The Caring House strives to serve as a voice for the unborn; to encourage, educate and equip women and their families to make wise and Godly life style choices while sharing with them Christ’s love and truth.
- To offer confidential counseling, hope, and support to women facing an unplanned pregnancy.
- To encourage, educate, and equip women and their families to make wise lifestyle choices through our Earn While You Learn program and parenting classes.
- To give practical assistance with baby items and clothing to those in need through our donation closet.
- Pregnancy testing, lay counseling, and follow up (includes spiritual counseling).
- Individual post abortion counseling for women who have had abortions.
- Individual abstinence counseling.
- Parenting classes.
- Earn While You Learn mentoring education program.
- Emergency clothes closet for baby items (0-24 mths. clothes, blankets, towels, shoes, bedding, etc.)
- Referrals to churches, community resources, and medical care.
- Adoption referrals.
Volunteer work would include:
- Lay counseling
- Mentoring women in our Earn While You Learn program
- Prayer support
- Computer support
- Inside cleaning
- Sorting donated items
- General clerical work
- Yard upkeep and general handy-man
- Board members (fund raising, public relations, etc.)
- Church contact (keep your church informed of Caring House needs and activities)
What if you don’t feel qualified to work with the clients? They are able to train you in the knowledge you need.
For weekly volunteers, commitment time required is 2-4 hours weekly. If you are interested and have any questions, please contact the Caring House at 770-229-4474.
Besides financial donations, they also accept any gently worn baby clothing, towels, blankets, socks, shoes, and other clothing items. They also accept larger items: cribs, tubs, walkers, high chairs, strollers, etc. The larger items like cribs and strollers must not be broken and have all working parts included. Gently used and new items are used in our Earn While You Learn program, a mentoring program for first time mothers. They enjoy getting to “shop” in the EWYL store for all sorts of baby items.
A tax deductible receipt can be given for any items donated upon request. All donations are truly appreciated and help us reach out to the community to help those in need.
If you’re not sure we can accept or use the item(s), just give us a call and we’ll let you know if the item is appropriate for us.
Director – Dr. Marian Watkins
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday from 10a.m.-2p.m.
Wednesday between 10a.m.-5p.m.
Thursday between 10a.m.-2p.m.
Phone: 770-229-4474 or 770-229-4410
127 N 13th Street
Griffin, GA 30223-2746
PO Box 1322
Griffin, GA 30224
Email: For general information firstname.lastname@example.org